1.10.2004

On the Curb
Stereogum has posted some photos of Curb Your Enthusiasm being filmed in New York. (Via Off on a Tangent.)

The following is from this Newsweek article, in the January 12, 2004, issue. (Via Stereogum via Off on a Tangent.)

Talking to Larry David's friends and colleagues--and, frankly, to David himself--one gets the impression of a man who doesn't enjoy much of anything. According to David, that's "not entirely true," so NEWSWEEK asked him to come up with a few things he does enjoy. Off the top of his head:

A GOOD JOKE
"When you're a comedian, you're supposed to be funny. So the worst thing for me is not being funny."

A GOOD STEW
"A nice peasant stew, I like. That's good food."

GOLF
"I like golf. Eh, well, I suppose I like it, but do I enjoy it? I don't know. I can't say it really relaxes me. I'm not even thinking about my surroundings, and how pretty it's all supposed to be. I'm just thinking about how I screwed up my last shot, and how I'm going to screw up my next one."

LEAVING THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE
"Finishing an appointment—I enjoy that. I'm exhilarated by that."

Tie: BEING FIRED and GETTING DUMPED BY A WOMAN
"It's true. Very much so. I enjoy it when things come to an end. Because then you move on to something else."