2.07.2004

My Phair Lady
In 1994, Liz Phair was interviewed by Simpsons writer George Meyer. The interview was published in the May/June 1994 issue of Big Brother magazine. You can read it here.

An excerpt:

Here's a question I always ask everyone I meet. What's the weirdest thing you ever found in your food?
Oh my god. United Airlines. I ordered lasagna. This was back in my meat-eating days about three years ago. I was chomping away thinking "this is pretty good", when wham-o! I hit this obviously man-made material. It was like some rubber valve or something.

Ugh!
So I tried to bite a little harder, thinking it's some strange vegetable or something. Then I realized there weren't any vegetables in this. So I'm like what the hell is this thing? And I sort of mulled it around in my tongue, and I reached up... and pulled it out, AND... It was like a CENTRAL ARTERY! It was one of those pivitol points in a cow's jugular or something.

Yarggh! What did you do? Did you throw it?
I was so freaked out. I didn't even tell them about it. I just sat there. I was so shocked and so grossed out that I'd been, like, playing with this thing in my mouth...

One of the best stories that I've heard is of a friend who found a grease pencil, the kind you take down orders with...
No way!

Half of a grease pencil in a fish sandwich. The guy was just taking orders and dropped it in, I guess. Isn't that sick?
That's really funny.