9.21.2004

Ren-dezvous



I saw Lawrence Weschler last night at the Elliott Bay bookstore. He had with him a prototype copy of Omnivore, the magazine he wants to start. He's trying to raise moola for it. I hope he gets the moola and starts it, because I looked at the prototype and wow! Gorgeous! Sumptuous! Delicious! Beautiful full-color on almost every page. Thick smooth sexy paper. And top-drawer design. I had about three orgasms browsing through the thing. And the contributors? Ian Frazier, Jamaica Kincaid, Oliver Sacks, Ricky Jay, Errol Morris, David Hockney, Lawrence Weschler, other people I didn't recognize but that are probably awesome because Weschler has great taste.

You can read Weschler's prospectus for Omnivore here.

You can buy the prototype issue here.

Here's a recent conversation with Lawrence Weschler.